2 0 1 8 O S P R A E L K D R A W I N G A P P L I C A T I O N
OGLALA SIOUX PARKS & RECREATION AUTHORITY
PO BOX 570
KYLE, SD 57772
2018 FALL ELK
Cost of the drawing fee for a submission into each Elk drawing is $25.00
Applying for: Free Roaming_____ or Game Range________
DISTRICT WHICH YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE IN: __________________
OGLALA TRIBAL –U- #:_________________________
Daytime phone #:_______-_______-___________ DOB______/_______/________
Due to a limited number of elk licenses available, the following terms apply:
For 2018 there will be two drawings-
Free Roaming: These licenses will be for Antlered Elk only and are valid Reservation-wide on Tribal and allotted lands. There will be 18 licenses available with all Tribal members drawing from the same pool. The cost of these licenses is $130 in addition to application fee.
Game Range: These licenses will be for cow or spike elk only and are valid only on Tribal Game Ranges. Hunters must be accompanied by OSPRA guides. There will be 9 licenses available with all Tribal members drawing from the same pool. The cost of these licenses is $250 in addition to application fee.
• Application fees are $25 for each drawing.
• Drawing entries will close at 11:59 PM on July 10th 2018.
• Drawing will be held at 12:01 AM of July 11th. Results will be available July 12th.
• After the drawing held on July 11, successful applicants will have until July 18th to claim their license. If not all licenses are claimed by that time, there will be a second round drawing to distribute left-over licenses. Applicants do not need to re-apply for the second round. They will be entered automatically.
• Applicants who are successful and claim their licenses can choose between archery or firearms. When they do so, the licenses cannot be changed and applicants must abide to the corresponding seasons (archery licensees cannot use firearms during firearms season). For Free Roaming the seasons are:
o Firearms season is September 15, 2018 through November 25, 2018
o Archery season is July 28, 2018 through December 31, 2018
• Game range season is Oct 20, 2018 through Nov 25, 2018 for both archery and firearms
• Tribal members may pay both application fees and enter both drawings, but can only claim one license. Drawings are done electronically so whichever drawing is held first is the license the applicant would receive.
• Successful applicants can purchase their license at the OSPRA office in Kyle
• Unsuccessful applicants will receive a preference point to increase their odds of success in next year’s drawings.
• Applicants can apply online by going to: http://www.oglalasiouxparksandrec.net/
• Questions can be addressed to the OSPRA office at 605-455-2584.